Planning a wedding can be a daunting and sometimes overwhelming experience. Here are 5 simple tips from Phoenix Gowns which will hopefully make the whole process a little less stressful!
1. Budget Wisely – Wedding budgets are all about balance and priorities. Start your budget planning by making a list of the crucial elements. Invest your money in your most important areas and be prepared to cut back on others. Take advantage of the high cost of weddings and consider a credit card with a rewards program. You’ll have saved for your wedding, so paying on a card (when you have savings to cover the cost) makes sense. Whether you receive airline miles or great shopping deals, consolidating all wedding-related purchases to one card will potentially help you accumulate thousands of rewards points. They could even be used for your honeymoon!
2. Organise Emails and Paperwork – Collect and file in a special folder all paper copies of your correspondence/booking information with suppliers. Also keep copies of notes you make during meetings. Set up a special email address and/or website dedicated to your wedding, and store important supplier contact details. Ensure that any changes and amendments to your contract are put in writing and file these too. Don’t just assume everything’s all set – sometimes, by the time the actual day arrives, your original liaison person may have changed, and disputes are more easily settled when there is written evidence.
3. Be Prepared to Ask and Listen! – Your wedding suppliers are your go-to, most-trusted experts during the planning process. When working with them, you should can really explore what it is you want—maybe it’s serving a late-night snack instead of a first course or doing a bridal portrait session rather than an engagement session. All wedding suppliers appreciate honest conversations, and they also have a wealth of experience to advise you with!
4. Plan Logically – Put together a wedding planning schedule and do things one by one, in a logical order, so you don’t take on too much too fast and end up with everything snowballing around you. Don’t hire any suppliers before you’ve confirmed your date! For example, there is no point deciding on a band before you’ve settled on your evening entertainment space!
5. Delegate – When it comes down to the last month of your planning look at your long to-do list and delegate at least three things. Even delegating three can take the pressure off! Cross them off your to-do-list and leave them to a trusted helper!